Preparation time : 20 min. | Serves 6 persons
This trifle strawberry is prepared with vanilla custard and pound cake with topping of whipped cream hence looks tempting. You may also add strawberry pudding mix instead of vanilla custard and wafers which also tastes good.
4 cup milk
2-3 tbsp vanilla custard powder
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup strawberries (sliced)
2 cup heavy cream
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
12 oz prepared pound cake (cubed)
1. Boil milk in a sauce pan and leaving ¼ cup cold milk in a cup.
2. Add sugar and let it cook with milk for 5 min.
3. Dissolve custard powder in the reserved milk and then slowly add it to the boiled milk and stir continuously while adding so that lumps of custard would not form and it mixes well in the milk.
4. When the custard gets thick remove the pan from heat and allows it to cool.
5. Meanwhile beat heavy cream with confectioners’ sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
6. Now take the serving glass bowl, spread few pieces of pound cake at the bottom, put slices of strawberries at the side walls of bowl and pour prepared custard over the cake layer. Again make layer of pound cake and strawberries in similar fashion and pour whipped cream on over the cake and then place in fridge to chill for at least an hour.
7. Decorate the delicious trifle strawberry with strawberry slices and edible flowers.
photo source : 1