Preparation time: 30 mins. | Serves 4 eggs
This Scotch Egg Recipe is a modified recipe that has little flavor of Indian spices and Italian herbs. These eggs are a very healthy brunch meal that you can take with your favorite sauce.
4 medium eggs (hard-boiled and peeled)
1 cup ground beef
2 tbsp fresh herbs mix including parsley, sage, and thyme
1 tbsp spring onion only the green part (chopped)
½ tsp mace
½ tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp cayenne
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. In a mixing bowl combine ground beef, spring onion, herbs, salt, allspice, cayenne, coriander, cumin, cloves, ginger paste, nutmeg, and mace, and mix well.
2. Divide this mixture into four equal portions and set aside.
3. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a wide platter or dish and coat each egg with this dry mixture.
4. Now flatten one of the meat mixture portions and place the dusted egg in its center, then slightly roll the meat around the egg to cover from every side with ground meat mixture. Similarly, cover the remaining boiled eggs.
5. After that, dip each egg into the beaten egg and then coat it with breadcrumbs.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a wok and fry the coated eggs over medium heat for 8-10 mins. then turn the side using a large spoon and fry till become brown and crisp.
7. Drain the fried Scotch Eggs on kitchen paper and then let them cool to room temperature. Serve the tasty Scotch Eggs after cutting them into halves.