This recipe for marshmallow fondant is one of tricky and typical but would certainly make your cream cake more appealing to eat. You can make any kind of smart decorating items for your cake using this marshmallow fondant dough in any color just like one shown in the above photo.
1 packet marshmallow
4-5 tbsp water
1 cup icing sugar
Shortening as required
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp food colour (any colour)
1. Take a saucepan, grease it with shortening and add the marshmallows with 1/4 cup of water. Cook it over low heat until all the marshamllows melt completely.
2. Then add vanilla essence and remove from heat.
3. Now add half of the icing sugar to the melted mallows along with food color and immediately mix them together using spatula, adding shortening gradually while mixing just to incorporate them together to form smooth dough.
4. Add remaining icing sugar gradually until soft and smooth dough would not form. Don’t get bother as during this processes the dough would be more sticky which is controlled only by adding icing sugar and shortening.
5. Now you can wrap the prepared fondant dough in plastic and set aside to use it on your cake. Don’t forget to apple frosting first before apply layer of the marshmallow fondant.