Preparation time : 30 mins | Serves 4 persons
This Penne pasta recipe is prepared with ground beef and cheese hence it is also called Penne pasta casserole. Steak seasoning flavor is used in this recipe to make it little spicy and pickled cucumber gives it sour taste.
1-1/2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1 medium size onion (finely chopped)
1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
2 tbsp mustard paste
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup pickled cucumber
1 tsp steak seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For Steak Seasoning:
4 tbsp salt
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1. Boil pasta with little oil and salt for 15 mins then drain out all the water and let it cool.
2. In a sauce pan fry onions for just a minute until its color changes to pink.
3. Add ground beef and cook with onion at medium heat for 5-10 mins until all the water of meat would get dry.
4. To prepare steak seasoning mix all the above mentioned ingredients of steak seasoning and put in an air tight bottle.
5. Now mix rest of the ingredients in the beef including, tomatoes, mustard, ketchup, cucumber, steak seasoning, salt and 1 cup of water, simmer for 15 mins.
6. Remove pan from heat, add boiled pasta into the meat and transfer the prepared pasta with beef into a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese onto the top and cover the dish so that cheese would melt under the steam.