Preparation time : 45 min | Serves 4 persons
This Italian rice recipe is prepared with anchovy fillets with tomato sauce. The rice is topped with Parmesan cheese so you may also bake the assembled rice for just 5 min until cheese melts and mix with the sauce.
2 anchovy fillets
1 ½ cup rice
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
2/3 cup pineapple juice
½ tsp mustard powder
½ tsp tomato paste
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tomatoes (seeded and cubed)
1/3 cup black olives (pitted)
¼ tsp dried marjoram
Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
1. In a deep sauce pan boil water with salt.
2. After that add rice and let it cook until become tender.
3. Meanwhile put a plate of anchovy fillets on top of the rice pan so that it covers the entire surface.
4. Using fork start mashing the fillets until they completely dissolve and then remove the plate from the pan.
5. While rice is cooking take a frying pan and sauté onion in 2 tbsp of oil when it turns into light brown in color add vinegar and let it cook on low heat for just 1-2 min until it evaporates.
6. Then add pineapple juice, mustard, dissolved anchovies, salt and pepper and tomato paste and mix let the mixture boil.
7. When the sauce becomes smooth and slightly thick remove the pan from heat and set aside.
8. When rice become ready drain all the excess water and takes it out in serving platter.
9. Pour the prepared sauce over it.
10. Now in a pan cook tomato cubes in remaining olive oil with olives and marjoram for just 2 min.
11. Put these fried tomatoes and olives onto the rice and then top with Parmesan cheese.
photo source : 1