Preparation time : 10 mins. | Serves 2 persons
This Panzanella Salad Recipe is taken from Italian cuisine, which mainly prepared with fried bread, tomatoes and cucumber. The salad has very mild dressing flavor or garlic mustard, olive oil and vinegar. On the whole, this salad is one of a healthy food specially in summer.
4 bread slices (cut into ½-inch squares) or 1 cup croutons
2 large tomatoes (diced)
1 onion (sliced)
1 medium cucumber (diced)
1 medium green capsicum (deseeded and cubed)
½ cup fresh basil (torn)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp mustard paste
1/4 cup white vinegar
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Heat oil for deep-frying in a pan, add the bread squares in it and fry over medium high heat for 3-5 mins. or until become golden crispy brown.
2. In a salad bowl, combine fried bread squares, and all the vegetables.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic, mustard paste, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and make smooth dressing.
4. Pour this dressing over the vegetables and bread mixture and toss them well.
5. Serve the healthy Panzanella Salad with topping of parmesan cheese or nachos’.
photo source : 1