White sauce originates from Italian cuisine and its taste is very different from other hot sauces like bbq sauce and it is usually used in making lasagna or any pasta dish. Sauces similar to white sauce can also be used in other dishes like steamed or fried fish. You can use it with any meal which has no curry. Its best taste comes when it is prepared in margarine.
3 tbspn oil
2 tbspn plain flour
½ kg milk
1 tbspn chopped onion (optional)
1 tbspn chopped carrot (optional)
1 tbspn chopped capsicum (optional)
1 tbspn chopped tomato (optional)
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of ros mary
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn white pepper
Salt to taste
Parsley chopped as required
|SOLITAIRE WHITE SAUCE BOAT STAND|
|SOLITAIRE WHITE SAUCE BOAT|
|Total Ultimate Foods White Sicilian Pizza Sauce Mix, 19-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)|
1. In a pan heat oil and add flour in it to make thick paste and cook for few minutes until smell starts to come from the flour.
2. After it add slowly milk in it and stir continuously so that lumps are not formed and flour dissolves completely in the milk. Cook it foe 4-5 minutes.
3. Now add all vegetables if you want in the sauce and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper, oregano and rose merry in the sauce and mix well. Cover it and leave it on very low flame until it boils.
5. After few minutes when sauce starts to boil and vegetables become tender remove it from stove, white sauce is ready to serve.
This sauce is served with various cooking items like lasagna and also use as dip sauce.