This cake rusk recipe is one of a famous bakery item from South Asian cuisine. It lies in between cake and biscuit category as its first step to prepare cake then by baking it again it becomes crisp which looks like a biscuit or cookie form. It tastes very delicious and light and serve with tea.
250 gm butter
250 gm flour
250 gm sugar
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of yellow food color
1. Take a large mixing bowl and beat together butter and sugar till become creamy and smooth.
2. Then add egg one by one and beat after each addition. when the better gets fluffy add food color along with baking powder and flour. Mix the dry ingredients carefully at low speed so that no lumps would be there.
3. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and place it in preheated oven for at least 30 mins. at 350 degrees F or until become done.
4. After that take it out from oven, cool it to room temperature then cut into rectangular pieces and then bake it again at the same temperature for 20 mins till become crisp.
5. Serve the hot crisp cake rusk with tea.
photo source : 1