Preparation time: 50 mins. (approx.) | Serves 2 dozen taquitos
This Chicken Taquitos Recipe is a famous Mexican-style tortilla roll stuffed with cooked chicken with some salsa flavor. These taquitos are prepared by the baking method instead of deep frying which makes them more healthy and suitable for everyone.
1.5 lb boneless chicken
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp cayenne
½ tsp black pepper
2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 tsp salt
1 cup salsa
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
Corn Tortillas as required
1. Cook chicken with cumin, garlic, tomatoes, cayenne, black pepper, and salt until the chicken is done. Keep the pan at low heat so that the chicken would not turn brown.
2. Now shred the chicken and mix it with salsa and cilantro.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put the tortillas in the microwave for just 2-3 mins. to make them warm and pliable. You can also do this on a skillet but it takes too much time to cook individually.
4. Take a corn tortilla put 1-2 tbsp of prepared chicken stuffing along one of the edges, and then tightly roll it up, and then seal it with a toothpick.
5. When all the taquitos are ready, place them on a baking sheet and lightly spray with the cooking spray on top.
6. Place the tray in the preheated oven for just 12-15 mins. until become crisp and light brown. During baking, take out the tray after 8 mins. turn the taquitos, again spray with cooking spray and bake for further 5-8 mins.
7. When the taquitos are done, take them out of the oven, take out the toothpicks inserted, and serve with sour cream or your favorite dip.
photo source : 1