Preparation time : 40 mins. (approx.) | Serves 6-8 persons
This Frankie Recipe is prepared with beef and vegetable flavor with some spicy Asian flavor. The stuffing can be altered with respect to vegetables and spice quantity. If you don’t want to use fried wraps you can use pita bread to make this recipe in shorter time.
2½ cup flour
1½ tsp instant yeast
3 tbsp oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
Oil for shallow frying
½ lb undercut beef (thinly sliced)
1 tsp ginger (minced)
1 tsp garlic (minced)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp yogurt
1 cup water
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (cut into wedges)
2 medium carrots (cut into strips)
4-5 mushrooms (sliced)
1 large potato (boiled and cut into thin strips)
2-3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
½ tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tbsp chili sauce
½ tsp all spice powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
Preparation of Wraps:
1. Combine all ingredients mentioned for making wraps and knead smooth fine dough using lukewarm water. Grease the dough with oil and leave it to rise for at least an hour.
2. When the dough gets double in size, punch it down using hands and make small balls of 1.5” size.
3. Roll out each balls into a thin round shape and then fry each in 1-2 tbsp of oil until become crisp from both sides.
Preparation of Filling:
1. Heat oil in a pan, cook beef with ginger garlic for about 2-3 mins. until become dry.
2. Then add salt, yogurt and water till beef has been done completely.
3. When beef is done, add tbsp chili sauce, crushed red pepper, all spice powder and lemon juice. Stir well and cook over high heat for 1-2 mins.
4. Now add veggies including potato, carrot, bell pepper, mushroom and coriander leaves. Cook for 5 mins. then remove the pan from heat.
5. Take one of a prepared wraps, place 1-2 tbsp of prepared filling at the center and wrap from both sides to seal the stuffing. Delicious Frankie wraps are ready to serve with yogurt sauce or any chutney.
photo source : 1