Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 5 rolls
This is a slightly modified recipe of the original Southwestern Egg Rolls found in the Cookbook America’s Secret Recipes (get 5 sample recipes) . The cookbook contains hundreds of top restaurant recipes [copycat] and the good thing about it is that it is immediately available for download as it comes in both e-book and hard copy format.
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 chicken breast (boneless)
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp spring onion (minced)
2 tbsp red bell pepper (minced)
1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
¼ cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 tbsp jalapeno (diced)
½ tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chili powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp frozen spinach (thawed)
5 medium size tortillas
¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Oil for deep frying
1. Marinate thoroughly chicken breast with salt, 1 tbsp oil and garlic and leave for 10 min.
2. Heat grill pan and grill chicken breast until become tender and golden brown from each side.
3. Shred the grilled chicken and set aside.
4. Now in the remaining oil, sauté red bell pepper and onion until become tender.
5. Add spices including ground cumin, chili powder, cayenne and salt and cook for 2 min until all flavors blend well with onion and pepper.
6. Add rest of the ingredients including spinach, corns, black beans, jalapeno and parsley and mix well.
7. Remove the pan form heat after mixing and then add shredded grilled chicken and cheese to the veggie mixture and stir well to mix.
8. Now take one of tortilla piece put 1-2 tbsp of prepared stuffing in the center of tortilla and wrap tightly using toothpick. Similarly prepare rest of the rolls.
9. Heat oil for deep frying up to moderate temperature, and then fry the prepared tortilla rolls in batches until become golden brown from each side. It would take 5-10 min for each batch.
10. To make recipes similar to this one and various other copycat recipes of top American restaurants, grab a copy of the cookbook America’s Secret Recipes (get 5 sample recipes) .
photo source : 1