Preparation time: 40 mins. | Serves 6 wraps
This Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe is the copycat recipe of the famous Taco bell restaurant. The taste of this crunchwrap supreme is almost the same you enjoy eating it in the restaurant. It is prepared with taco ground beef, queso dip (without meat), tostada, tortilla, cheese and fresh vegetables.
1 lb ground beef
1 pck taco seasoning mix
1 can queso cheese dip (warm)
10 burrito-size flour tortillas
6 tostada shells
1 cup sour cream
2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tomato (seeded and diced)
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Grease a nonstick wok, cook ground beef over high heat until turn into brown.
2. Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup water and simmer for 15 mins. When the meat becomes dry, remove the pan from heat and set aside.
3. Warm flour tortillas in microwave for just 20 seconds.
4. Now place a warm tortilla on a large platter, put 4 tbsp of prepared ground beef at the center in circular shape of tostada size, spread 2 tbsp of queso dip over the beef, and then place a tostada shell to cover the dip. Now make a thin layer of sour cream over the tostada and then top with lettuce, diced tomato and shredded Mexican cheese.
5. After that cut a piece of flour tortilla of circular shape to cover the filling (or size equal to tostada) and then place it over the cheese layer.
6. Now to fold the crunch wrap, first bring the bottom side close to the center and then similarly bring other side to the center forming a shape like hexagon. You may use toothpick to seal the filling completely.
7. Now take a greased skillet, and place the prepared crunchwrap seam side down and cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 mins. until become golden brown and crisp. Then turn the side and cook it for further 2-3 mins. to make it crisp from other side too.
8. Crispy, rich CrunchWrap Supreme is now ready to serve with sour cream, ketcup and tostadas.
photo source : 1