Preparation time : 20 mins. | Serves 3-4 dozen
This is the Homemade Tarter Tot Recipe which you usually buy from store. This is the most economical snack if you prepare at home . You can add different flavors to this yummy snack like cheese, herbs, etc.
4 russet potatoes (peeled)
Salt to taste
Crushed black pepperto taste
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup milk
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
1. Partially boil potatoes for just 8-10 min. Make sure they should not be cooked thoroughly.
2. Cool potatotoes so that you can easily handle them then grate the potatoes using cheese grater.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the grated potatoes and combine it with remaining ingredients including milk, flour, egg, all the seasonings and garlic powder.
4. When the batter gets the shape of sticky dough, then make small balls of lemon size.
5. Heat oil for deep frying in the pan, add the prepared tarter tot balls into the preheated oil and fry them till become golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve the hot tarter tot with your favorite dip.
photo source : 1