Preparation time: 20 mins. | Serves 3-4 dozen
This is the Homemade Tarter Tot Recipe that you usually buy from stores. This is the most economical snack if you prepare it at home. You can add different flavors to this yummy snack like cheese, herbs, etc.
4 russet potatoes (peeled)
Salt to taste
Crushed black pepper taste
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup milk
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
1. Partially boil potatoes for just 8-10 min. Make sure they should not cooked thoroughly.
2. Cool potatoes so that you can easily handle them then grate the potatoes using a cheese grater.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the grated potatoes and combine them with the remaining ingredients including milk, flour, egg, all the seasonings, and garlic powder.
4. When the batter gets the shape of sticky dough, then make small balls of lemon size.
5. Heat oil for deep frying in the pan, add the prepared tarter tot balls into the preheated oil and fry them till become golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve the hot tater tot with your favorite dip.
photo source : 1