Preparation time : 90 mins. (approx.) | Serves 16 buns
This Papparoti Buns recipe is a copycat of the famous PappaRoti restaurant recipe. The speciality of this papparoti recipe is the outer coffee crust prepared with typical coffee icing and the stuffed butter inside the bun. The bun itself tastes awesome but when it is served with some chocolate fudge or coffee its taste enhances thousand times.
16 oz bread flour
2.5 oz brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp instant yeast
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup whole milk
2 oz butter (softened)
6 oz butter (softened)
5.5 oz icing sugar
3 egg (lightly beaten)
1-2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp instants coffee
½ tsp cinnamon powder
7 oz self raising flour
8 oz butter (cut into 16 small cubes)
1. In a stand mixer bowl combine flour,salt,brown sugar and yeast.
2. Whisk together warm milk and egg in a mixing bowl.
3. Gradually add milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture and turn on the mixer at slow speed.
4. When the mixture gets the shape of dough add butter and knead for 2-3 mins. or until butter mixes well with the dough.
5. When the dough becomes soft and little sticky, turn off the mixer and transfer the dough onto the floured counter.
6. Cut the dough into 16 equal parts and roll each part into smooth ball. Leave them for 10-15 mins. to rise little bit.
7. After that take a ball of dough, make it slightly flatten of size of around palm size, then put a cube of butter into the center and bring the edges to the center, pinch to seal the stuffed butter. Similarly stuff rest of the balls and leave them for an hour at warm place.
8. Meanwhile prepare icing, in a mixer bowl, cream together icing sugar and butter until become light and fluffy.
9. Then add eggs and beat again to make the batter foamy.
10. Sift together coffee, cinnamon and self raising flour and gradually add it to the batter. Mix at low speed until the icing becomes smooth and thick.
11. When the buns get double in size, place them onto the greased baking tray keeping 2-inch distance between each bun.
12. Fill prepared icing in the piping bag, apply icing to the papparoti buns at top of each bun. Place icing in circular pattern in such a way that it covers the whole top pf bun.
13. Place the tray in preheated oven for 350 degrees F for 15-20 mins. or until buns become golden from top.
14. Take them out from oven and cool them to room temperature.
15. Serve the hot Papparoti Buns with chocolate fudge or cream coffee and enjoy the delicious homemade papparoti recipe at home.
photo source : 1