Preparation time : 50 mins. (approx.) | Serves 8 persons
This Salted Caramel Cake Recipe is prepared with white cake mix, topped with caramel sauce, vanilla frosting and seasoned with salt. You can also make this cake with peanut butter flavor; in that case, you need to add peanut butter instead of sour cream.
1 box white cake mix
12 oz caramel sauce
16 oz vanilla frosting
½ cup sour cream
Pinch of salt for sprinkling
1. Prepare the batter for white cake according to the package instructions and then fold it evenly with the sour cream.
2. Take a greased cake pan of size as mentioned on the package and then bake accordingly.
3. When the cake has been done, cool it to room temperature and then poke to make some holes in the cake by using toothpick or fork.
4. Now pour half of the caramel sauce topping over the cake and spread it evenly using back of spoon. Let it stand as it is so that caramel will absorb well inside the cake.
5. After that apply the vanilla frosting over the cake and then drizzle remaining caramel sauce topping. Make some swirl texture using fork or knife edge and in the end don’t forget to sprinkle some salt on top which adds taste to the delicious Salted Caramel Cake.
photo source : 1