These Moist Vanilla Cupcakes are extremely soft and yummy cupcakes which look very tempting. You may add topping of your choice but shiny, liquid chocolate sauce goes wonderful with these delicious cupcakes.
½ cup butter (softened to room temperature)
⅔ cup granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon zest
1½ cup flour
1½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup buttermilk
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup heavy cream
Sugar to taste
1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one by one and beat after each addition, when the better gets foamy fold it nicely with half of the dry mixture and half of the buttermilk repeat mixing again with remaining dry mixture and buttermilk.
5. Take buttered and floured cupcake pan, pour the batter in it and bake until nicely browned or toothpick inserted comes out clean. It would take 15 mins. approx.
6. Meanwhile prepare chocolate sauce for the topping by combining all the ingredients mentioned for topping and cook over low heat till gets thick and shiny.
7. When the cupcakes are ready, cool them to room temperature and pour the prepared chocolate sauce on each cupcakes just before serving.
photo source : 1