Preparation time: 30 mins. | Yields up to 20
This Jamaican Fried Dumplings Recipe is one of the famous biscuit-style dumplings in Jamaican cuisine. It is prepared with simple ingredients; all the taste and texture develop by the proper kneading of the dough.
14 oz all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1½ tsp salt
1 stick butter
½ cup cold water
Oil for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add butter and rub until the mixture turns into a grainy mixture.
3. Gradually add cold water until the mixture forms into a shape of a ball. After that knead thoroughly until it becomes soft and smooth. If necessary use a little amount of flour or water.
4. Now divide the dough into pieces of a patty size and make it a little flat like a biscuit.
5. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan, add the prepared patties in batches and fry till become golden brown from both sides. It would take around 5 mins.
6. Serve the hot Jamaican Fried Dumplings with tea.