Preparation time: 30 mins. | Serves 6-8 medium patties
Tuna Croquettes are prepared in a variety of ways, in this recipe, it is prepared with mashed potato and some other vegetables. You can alter the ratios of the ingredients used in making these croquettes according to your taste.
1 cup tuna (drained well)
½ cup mashed potato
2 tsp mustard
2 scallions (chopped)
1 tbsp chives (chopped)
1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Olive oil for shallow frying
1. In a mixing bowl, combine mashed potato, tuna, scallions, cilantro, and chives along with seasoning of lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mustard.
2. After mixing add 1 egg and half of the panko breadcrumbs and make patties.
3. Then dip each patty in the remaining beaten egg and then coat it with the remaining breadcrumbs.
4. Heat oil for shallow frying in the pan (around 2-4 tbsp) and then fry prepared patties in batches. Cook each side for 2-3 mins. until becomes golden brown.
5. Serve the hot tuna croquettes with your favorite dip.
photo source : 1