Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This asparagus soup recipe is another addition to our healthy soup recipes. This is can be made either with cream or without cream, here in this recipe cream is used. Morel mushrooms can also be added in this soup to make it more tasty.
15 green asparagus
3 tbsp margarine
2 shallots (finely chopped)
200 ml Double cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cup chicken stock
Cayenne to taste
1. Boil asparagus for 10 mins in 3 cups of water with salt.
2. Saute shallots in butter and then cook with boiled asparagus for 3-4 mins.
3. After that add chicken stock and bring the soup to boil.
4. Then blend the soup to make a thick paste.
5. Transfer the blended soup in sauce pan, add cream, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon juice and cook on medium heat.
6. When soup starts bubbling remove the pan from heat, pour the soup into serving bowl and put some fresh green asparagus.