Preparation time : 2 hrs. | Serves 8-10 persons
This Moroccan soup is one of the best foods for Ramadan as it gives full energy after having fasting. The soup has all the healthy essentials including meat, lentils and vegetables so try this recipe of soup at home for Iftar.
400 gm lamb pieces
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger (minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp butter
¾ cup chopped celery
2 onions (chopped)
½ cup parsley (chopped)
2 cup canned tomatoes (chopped)
Salt to taste
¾ cup red lentils
1 cup garbanzo beans
¼ cup egg noodles
1. Sauté onion, ginger and garlic in butter for 2 min.
2. Add lamb pieces with cinnamon, cayenne, turmeric and salt and bring to boil, after that cover the pan and simmer for 15 min.
3. Now add lentils, garbanzo, celery, parsley and tomatoes and simmer for 90 min until all the ingredients become tender and soft completely.
4. After that add noodles and beaten eggs and cook for 5-10 mi more.
5. Remove the pan from heat, transfer the Moroccan soup in serving bowl and squeeze lemon juice on top.
photo source : 1