Preparation time : 20 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This easy potato soup is prepared with mainly shredded potatoes and veggies hence become easy to prepare at home in short time. Use of baked potato is not necessary as shredded potatoes are already used in this recipe. You may adjust the quantity of cream and cheese according to your taste.
5 medium size potatoes (peeled and shredded)
1 large whole potato (baked and cut into small cubes)
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
2 cup spring onions (chopped)
4 cups chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
½ cup cream
Cheddar cheese for garnishing
1. Take chicken broth in a deep sauce pan and add veggies including shredded potatoes, onion, bell pepper and spring onion and bring to boil at medium heat.
2. Add baked potato cubes and cook for further 5 mins.
3. Now add seasoning of salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce and simmer for 5 mins.
4. In the end add cream and remove the pan from heat. Stir it well in the soup to mix evenly.
5. Pour the soup in serving bowl and garnish with cheddar cheese and parsley.