Preparation time : 30-40 min. | Serves 16-20 persons
This recipe is inspired by the original Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe of Chili The recipe requires a secret ingredient called masa harina which results in the same great taste when cook with rest of the ingredients as mentioned in the recipe.
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup chicken base or chicken powder
3 cup diced yellow onions
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp granulated garlic
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 cup masa harina
2 cup crushed tomatoes
½ lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
3 lb boneless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. Take a large pot and sauté onion until become soft.
2. Add chicken powder and spices and cook for 2-3 min on medium heat.
3. In a mixing bowl make a solution of masa harina in 1 qt. of water, then mix it in the onion mixture and let it boil.
4. Add tomatoes and 3 qt more water and let it boil again.
5. After that add cheese and chicken and simmer for 10-15 min.
6. When cheese melts completely and soup gets thick take it out in a serving bowl and garnish it with cheddar cheese, tortilla chips and Mexican salsa.
photo source : 1