This turkey tetrazzini recipe is one of a delicious casserole recipe which is best to prepare for any dinner. You can make lots of variations in this recipe for instance add more colorful veggies or try this recipe with chicken or any seafood.
4 cup cooked turkey (shredded)
4 tbsp butter
¼ cup flour
Salt to taste
2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp Tabasco sauce
½ tsp hot sauce
½ lb mushrooms (sliced)
1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
3 tbsp cream
8 oz spaghetti (cooked)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Saute mushroom in 1 tbsp of butter, then take it out from pan.
2. Add remaining butter in the same pan and cook flour in it till pleasant roasted smell starts to come.
3. Add broth and stir immediately so that lumps would not form. When the sauce gets thick add flavoring of salt and Tabasco.
4. In a mixing bowl whisk hot sauce into the beaten egg yolk, then add it to the thickened sauce. Stir and cook for 5 min.
5. Now add cream, turkey, and mushrooms and cook till mixture starts bubbling.
6. Take a greased casserole dish, spread half of the spaghetti at the base pour half of the prepared sauce then repeat the layer in the same pattern. In the end top the casserole dish with grated parmesan and cook in broiler till the casserole gets golden brown from top.
photo source : 1