Preparation time : 90 min. | Serves 6 persons
This potato gnocchi recipe is one of a famous Italian recipe prepared with very few ingredients. All you need to bake potatoes then knead it with flour and cook for few seconds in boiling water after giving its particular shape. These gnocchi can be served with any sauce like ketchup, garlic sauce, cheese sauce, etc in this recipe it is served with white cheese sauce.
2 lb baking potatoes
¼ cup oil
1½ cup Of flour
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Poke each potato using folk then dip in oil just to grease. Place these potatoes in a baking dish and bake for at least an hour or until gets completely tender.
2. When potatoes baked, then cut each potato into half and scoop out potatoes or simply remove skin.
3. Process the potatoes using potato ricer or masher in a mixing bowl. Then mix it with egg and knead it by adding flour to make smooth fluffy dough. You will knead it gently to get the desired dough smoothness.
4. Now you need to give the dough gnocchi shape for that divide dough to shape the gnocchi, first break the dough into 4-6 pieces then roll out each piece about the thickness of your thumb. Cut the log into 1-inch pieces. Now to give it gnocchi typical texture slightly presses the back side of fork onto a piece of gnocchi then turn the side and press the center of gnocchi using your index finger to make it slightly deep. It is given then shape so that sauce can easily stand over it.
5. Now dip the prepared gnocchi into the boiling water for just few seconds then take them out from water and serve with any sauce of your choice.
photo source : 1