Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 4 persons
This stuffed cabbage recipe is prepared with ground beef and wild rice mixture which has some sweet and sour taste due to apple cider. This delicious recipe can also be prepared with baking method, for that you need to bake the stuffed cabbage with sauce for just 8-10 min. so that it would remain juicy.
2 cups cooked wild rice
1 cup cooked ground beef
2 cup diced onion
10 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
½ cup apple cider
1-2 small head cabbage
28 oz seasoned canned tomato
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
1. Cook 1 cup onion and 5 garlic cloves in apple cider until becomes soft. Leave 1-2 tbsp of apple cider for sauce.
2. Add ground beef and rice to the onion and gently cook on high heat for just 1-2 min so that all ingredients mix well and get dry.
3. Now to make sauce, sauté remaining onion and garlic until become soft.
4. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5-8 min until tomatoes completely blend with the onion and garlic and become a sauce.
5. Now add reserved 1 tbsp of apple cider and lemon juice and cook for 3-4 min more until it starts bubbling.
6. Separate cabbage leaves and pour in hot boiled water for just 2-3 min so that they become little soft to handle easily.
7. Now take one of the cabbage leave and put 1-2 tbsp of beef mixture in the center and roll from every side to make a packet. It is better to seal it with tooth pick so that stuffing would not come outside from the cabbage leaf.
8. Now take a sauce pan and spread half of the prepared sauce onto the base of pan, place stuffed cabbage onto the sauce and pour the remaining sauce over the stuffed cabbage. Simmer for 5-10 min and then serve in beautiful platter.
photo source : 1