This chili corn carne is prepared in slightly different fashion, in this particular recipe beef chuck cubes are used. The beef and beans are cooked separately and in the end they are assembled with rice, sour cream, and chives. The actual taste of this chili corn carne is very spicy but you can adjust it according to your taste.
450 lb beef chuck (cut into cubes)
2 medium onion (Finely chopped and divided)
1 cup grape juice
1 cup beef stock
3 cloves garlic (Finely chopped)
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp roasted ground cumin
2 tbsp tomato paste
¼ cup cilantro (Finely chopped)
½ cup oil
Salt to taste
1 green chili (chopped)
3 red chilies (Finely chopped)
4 blanched tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup red kidney beans
2tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp chives (Finely chopped)
1 medium bowl cooked rice
1. Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan and fry half of the chopped onions with garlic till become soft.
2. Dust beef with flour and cook with the onion garlic mixture till beef would turn into brown color.
3. After that add grape juice, salt ½ tsp black pepper, cumin and beef stock and simmer for 15-20 min till beef would completely tender.
4. In a separate pan heat remaining oil add rest of the onions, red chilies, ½ tsp black pepper and kidney beans. Mix them well and simmer for 10 min.
5. When the beef sauce becomes thick and beef is done completely, turn off the flame and assemble the prepared beef, beans and rice in platter.
6. First make a layer of boiled rice, spread beef mixture in the center, then put beans mixture and in the end top with sour cream and chopped chives and cilantro.
photo source : 1