This Choco Lava Cake Recipe is one of a tempting dessert which is all time favorite cake of most of the cake lovers. This chocolate cake gives awesome taste when it is served with chilled vanilla ice cream.
7 oz dark chocolate or milk chocolate
3 eggs (separated)
1 tsp of white vinegar
¼ cup self raising flour
¼ tsp of cinnamon powder
⅓ cup of brown sugar
½ cup melted butter
1. Melt chocolate in microwave or on double boiler carefully.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Add melted butter to the melted chocolate and whisk together to make smooth shiny batter.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks till become light in color.
5. Add it to the chocolate batter and just whisk again to mix.
6. Now add self raising flour, sugar and cinnamon powder and mix these dry ingredients using spatula make sure that no lumps would be there.
7. In another bowl, beat egg whites with vinegar so that when stiff peaks are formed they stay longer.
8. Now carefully add the chocolate batter to the egg whites so that batter would remain fluffy and your cake will be spongy otherwise if the foam settle down it would not give desired result.
9. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and bake for just 10 mins.
10. After that take the cake out of the oven, loosen the edges using knife and carefully take it out immediately onto the platter and cut using knife because if the cake stays longer in the baking pan it would cook further as the temperature was pretty hot and cake will bake from inside also. When you cut the hot chocolate cake the batter starts to flow from the center to give a look like molten lava.
11. Serve the tempting lava cake with scoop of ice cream.
photo source : 1