Preparation time: 30 mins. (approx.) | Serves 4 persons
This Bistec Ala Mexicana recipe is inspired by the famous Mexican cuisine. It is a Mexican-style beefsteak prepared with vegetables. The entire flavor in the recipe is developed with the vegetables, particularly tomatoes which when combined with beef gives an awesome taste. You may also add seasonal vegetables of your choice like zucchini.
1lb leaned beef steaks (flattened and cut into small pieces)
½ tsp crushed black pepper
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 onion (thinly sliced)
2 green chilies (chopped)
3 tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup sweet corn (drained)
1 green bell pepper (julienne)
4 stalks green onion (chopped)
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp oil
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic in it for just 1-2 mins. or until fragrant.
2. Add beef with 1-2 cup water to the pan and cook until the beef gets tender and soft.
3. Meanwhile in a frying pan, add the remaining oil and sauté onion in it just to make it soft.
4. Then add remaining vegetables including tomatoes, green chilies, sweet corn, bell pepper, and green onion, and cook over medium heat for 2-3 mins.
5. Now add salt, pepper, and cooked beef pieces stir well, and simmer for 5 mins. until all the flavors blend well.
6. Serve the hot Bistec Ala Mexicana with Mexican rice, mashed potatoes, or brown sauce.