Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 2 persons
This Mongolian Beef recipe is prepared with flank steak. It has bit sweet and sour flavor and when it is served with steamed veggies like broccoli, peas, carrots, etc. it would become more delicious and looks healthy.
1 lb flank steak (washed and dried make slices if it looks thick)
¼ cup cornstarch
3 tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ cup water
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 spring onions (cut into 2-3 inch long)
oil for frying
1. Coat each steak piece with cornstarch.
2. Heat 1½ cup oil in a wok and fry ginger garlic for just 1-2 min.
3. Add rest of the ingredients including soy sauce, water, vinegar and brown sugar. Cook them together over medium heat for just 2-3 min then remove from pan.
4. Add steak pieces to the same pan and cook over low heat until become brown and crisp from both sides. (Add oil if necessary)
5. After that pour the prepared sauce over the cooked steaks.
6. Stir fry spring onion for just a min and then spread it over the steaks. Serve the hot Mongolian Beef with boiled rice and veggies.
photo source : 1