Preparation time : 75 mins. | Serves 1 loaf
This butterscotch bread recipe is another addition in our bread recipes. This bread is quite similar to white bread recipe except buttermilk is used which enhance the flavor of this bread. You only need to prepare batter for bread and then put in oven to bake.
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp butter (melted)
2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl beat egg until become foamy.
3. Gradually add sugar to the egg and continue to beat.
4. Now add melted butter to the mixture and beat again for 2 mins.
5. Sift dry ingredients together including flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6. Now gradually add dry mixture into the eggs, meanwhile add buttermilk to the mixture and mix all the ingredients together to make smooth batter.
7. Pour this batter into the greased baking loaf pan and place it in preheated oven for 60 mins. at 350 degrees F.