Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 6-8 persons
This Damper Bread Recipe is a famous Australian bread which is usually served in breakfast. The traditional damper bread is baked in the coals of campfire but nowadays it is also baked in oven. The bread is a hollow type light food that is usually served with tea. It is also prepared with some flavors of dried nuts and fruits.
4½ cup self raising flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp butter (softened)
1 cup milk
½ cup water
1. Take a large mixing bowl and combine flour, salt and butter. Rub the mixture using your hands and mix well until flour gets slightly crumble.
2. Now combine milk and water and slowly add it into the flour mixture until a dough forms.
3. When the mixture gets the shape of a dough, transfer it onto the floured surface and knead to make it smooth.
4. Make a ball of the whole dough, place it onto the greased baking tray and make a cross at the top using sharp knife.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 20 mins. then lower the temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking for 10 mins. until the bread becomes golden brown and feels like hollow when it is tapped.
6. The simple Damper Bread is now ready to serve with tea.
photo source : 1