Preparation time : 1.5 hrs. (approx.) | Serves 1 medium loaf
This is a plain Cinnamon Bread Recipe which can be prepared and served with variety of ways. You may add different nuts like raisins, walnuts, etc in the dough to make it rich or serve this bread with the topping of butter or toast the bread slice with butter gives some extra flavor to this delicious bread.
½ cup milk
⅓ cup water
2½ tbsp butter
3¾ cup flour (or as required)
3 tbsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
2 tsp instant dry yeast
¼ cup caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter (melted)
1. Heat milk and water together in a pan over low heat for just 1-2 mins. Make sure mixture would not get boil it would be just warm.
2. Add butter to the milk mixture and dissolve it by stirring.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
4. Add eggs to the dry mixture and mix it using wooden spoon.
5. Now gradually pour the liquid mixture onto the flour mixture and start kneading the dough. Timely add remaining flour and make a smooth soft dough.
6. Place the dough into the greased bowl, cover it and keep it at warm place for 40-50 mins. till it rises to double.
7. After that punch the dough down to the counter roll it in rectangular shape having length size equals to your loaf pan (mine 9”).
8. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Apple melted butter to the rolled dough and sprinkle all the cinnamon mixture on it evenly.
9. Roll the dough lengthwise to form a loaf, transfer it into the greased loaf pan and set aside for 20-30 mins.
10. When the loaf rises to double, transfer it into the preheated oven at 375 degrees F and bake for about 35 mins. until become golden brown from top or according to your desired top crust.
11. Then take out the bread from the oven and let it cool to room temperature and cut into slices before serving
photo source : 1