Preparation time: 90 mins. (approx.) | Serves 1 small loaf
This Jamaican Banana Bread is prepared with some coconut flavor and has a great taste like other banana bread. The bread is moist due to the top sugar glaze; you may also use caramel topping if you want. Adding nuts topping also enhances the flavor of this bread.
2 cups all-purpose flour.
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup butter (softened)
2 large eggs
1½ cups mashed ripe banana
¼ cup Greek yogurt
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 tbsp sweetened coconut flakes
½ cup powdered sugar
1½ tbsp lemon juice
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter at medium speed.
3. Add eggs one by one and beat after each addition.
4. After that add yogurt, apple cider, and banana and mix well.
5. Now gradually add the dry mixture and beat at low speed until all the ingredients incorporate well and become smooth.
6. In the end stir sweetened coconut flakes in the batter and then transfer it into the greased 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes on top.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 60 mins. or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. When the bread is ready to cool it for 10 mins. Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and make a thick glaze. Drizzle this glaze on top of the bread
9. When the bread gets cool completely, cut it into slices for serving.
photo source : 1