Preparation time: 60 mins. (approx.) | Serves 8 persons
This Blueberry Buckle Cake is prepared with Streusel Topping which is used in making Apple Streusel Cheesecake. The cake batter is prepared with buttermilk and blueberry flavor thus the sponge is quite soft and delicious. You can serve this cake with some topping of any sauce like vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate.
½ stick butter
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh blueberries
For Streusel Topping:
¼ cup flour
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup cold butter
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter using an electric mixer. It would take 5-8 mins. at high speed.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and beat till the batter gets a foamy texture.
3. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Alternately, add flour mixture and butter to the egg batter and mix at medium speed until the batter gets a uniform texture.
5. In the end, fold the blueberries with the batter and then transfer this batter into the greased 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
6. To make the Streusel topping, in a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix well.
7. Now transfer this mixture into the food processor and add butter, then give a few pulses to make the crumbs-like mixture.
8. Sprinkle this Streusel topping over the cake batter and then place in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 30-40 mins. or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.