Preparation time: 60 mins. | Serves 8-10 persons
This Polka Dot Cake Recipe is one of the good cake ideas for a birthday cake. It is prepared by placing cake balls into the cake batter and then baking. The cake can be made more tempting by placing some round flat polka dots on the top of the cake.
1. Divide the pound cake loaf into 6 equal slices.
2. Now in the food processor bowl, process together a pound cake slice, 1 drop of any food coloring, and 1 tbsp of frosting. Use this mixture to make 6 equal balls and similarly repeat this step with the rest of the cake slices and food colorings and frosting.
3. After that prepare white cake batter according to the instructions mentioned on the package
4. Pour 1/3 amount of the batter into the greased pan, drop a few cake balls into the batter, and repeat the layers with the remaining batter and balls.
5. Bake the cake according to the package instructions and when the cake is done cool it completely before removing it from the pan and then transferring it to the platter.
6. Apply frosting onto the top and sides and then refrigerate for a few minutes to set.
photo source : 1