Preparation time: 50 mins. | Serves 6 persons
This Seafood Enchiladas Recipe is prepared with crabmeat and shrimp. The stuffing has no other seasoning ingredient and the white sauce topping in this recipe develops the whole flavor. You may change the stuffing by adding or replacing fish meat as well.
1 onion (chopped)
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp crushed garlic
½ lb fresh crabmeat
¼ lb shrimp (peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped)
8 oz Colby cheese (shredded)
6 flour tortillas
1 cup half-and-half cream
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup butter (melted)
1½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp garlic salt
1. Heat butter in a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in it for 1-2 mins over medium heat.
2. Remove the skillet from heat, add crabmeat, shrimp, and half of the shredded cheese, and mix well.
3. After that put 1-2 tbsp of prepared seafood filling into the center of each tortilla and roll to seal the stuffing.
4. Take a large rectangular casserole dish, and place the tortilla rolls seams side down at the base of the dish.
5. To prepare sauce, take a saucepan, add half-and-half, sour cream, butter, parsley, and garlic salt, and cook over medium-low heat until well blended but the sauce would not reach boiling.
6. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 mins. or until becomes light golden from the top.
photo source : 1