Preparation time : 45 mins. (approx.) | Serves 4 persons
This recipe of Best Chicken Fried Steak In Texas is one of the famous steaks cooked in various Texas restaurants. It is either prepared with chicken or beef. In this recipe the marinated chicken is cooked by frying method then served with the topping of prepared white sauce.
1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into 4-6 steaks)
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp crushed black pepper
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
3-4 tbsp butter
Oil for shallow fry
Salt to taste
1 medium onion (chopped)
4-5 garlic cloves (minced)
2 cup chicken stock
½ cup milk
1/3 tsp white pepper powder
½ tsp crushed black pepper
2-3 tbsp all purpose flour
¼ tsp thyme
½ cup butter
Salt as required
1. To prepare chicken steak, marinate chicken with garlic paste, crushed black, soya sauce, egg, butter, vinegar and salt. Cover the steak bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 30 mins.
2. Meanwhile prepare the sauce, for that heat butter in a saucepan and sauté onion and garlic in it for just 2 mins.
3. Add flour and cook for about 1 min. until becomes fragrant and keep stirring while cooking so that flour cooks equally.
4. Now add chicken stock, milk, white pepper, black pepper, thyme and salt. Bring the mixture to boil, stir continuously so that sauce gets even consistency.
5. When the sauce becomes thick like white sauce then removes the pan from heat and set aside.
6. Heat oil for shallow frying in a frying pan and fry the marinated chicken pieces in batches of two. Fry for 3-4 mins. per side and when turn into golden brown from both sides, take out the steak onto the paper towel.
7. Serve the Best Texas Chicken Steak with the topping of prepared sauce, beans sauce and some mashed potatoes.
photo source : 1