Preparation time: 35 mins. | Serves 6-8 persons
This Frito Pie Casserole is another delicious ground beef casserole from Mexican Cuisine. It is mainly prepared with refried beans, taco seasoning, and Frito corn chips. The pie is very rich and tasty and it is the complete meal for lunch or dinner.
1 lb ground beef (leaned)
2 tbsp taco seasoning
16 oz chili peppers
16 oz refried beans
15 oz diced tomatoes
8 oz tomato sauce
3½ cups Fritos corn chips
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
¼ cup sour cream
1. In a saucepan, cook ground beef until turns brown color. Drain extra fat or liquid and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Now add chili peppers, taco seasoning, refried beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce, and mix them well.
3. Spread half of the Frito corn chips at the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the prepared mixture of ground beef. Cover the mixture with shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 mins. until the cheese melts completely and turns golden in color.
5. After that top with the sour cream and sprinkle the remaining corn chips and bake again for just 5 mins.
6. Delicious Frito Pie Casserole is now ready to serve with an extra dollop of sour cream.
photo source : 1