Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This Carribean Chicken Recipe is basically a curried style chicken which is cooked with vegetables . The gravy is made with coconut milk which you can easily replace with normal milk and coconut flakes. The recipe is very simple and easy to prepare at home.
4 boneless chicken breasts or 8 drumsticks
1 tsp oil
2 small onions (chopped)
1 red capsicum (chopped)
1 green capsicum (chopped)
1 tbsp roasted garlic (chopped)
1 cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken until it starts to turn into brown color.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until the onions turn into pink in color.
3. Then add coconut milk and cook till the mixture starts bubbling, then turn the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 10-15 mins. till chicken tender completely.
4. In the end, add red and green pepper and seasoning of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and simmer again for 5 mins.
5. Serve the hot Caribbean chicken with steamed rice.
photo source : 1