Preparation time : 40 min. | Serves 4 persons
This chicken and vegetable curry recipe is one of a healthy recipe and it gives more taste when it is served hot with boiled rice. It can also be served with pasta and present as snack for children.
16 oz boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes)
½ cup onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves
1 medium cauliflower (separate flowers)
2 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into small cubes)
2 large carrots (cut into ½ inch slices)
2 medium tomatoes (cubed)
1½ cup chicken broth
¾ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground coriander
1 large tomato (chopped)
2 tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté chicken in it with onion and garlic for 6-8 min until all water of chicken would get dry and turn into light brown in color.
2. Now add veggies including cauliflower, potatoes and carrots and mix well with the chicken.
3. Add broth, cumin, turmeric, mustard and coriander to the veggie chicken mixture and simmer after boiling for 15-20 min until veggies become tender.
4. If you want to make sauce thick you can add 1 tbsp cornstarch to the gravy after dissolving it in water.
5. Now add tomato, parsley, lemon juice. Seasoning of, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and then simmer again for 2 to 3 min more
5. Delicious healthy chicken and vegetable curry is ready to serve hot with boiled rice.
photo source : 1