Preparation time : 20 min. | Serves 24 patties (approx.)
This chicken patties recipe is from Thai cuisine as no more spices are used except green chilies. Fish sauce give these patties different flavor hence become different form other chicken patties. This chicken patty can also be used in burgers or sandwiches. You may also try this recipe for fish and beef.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
2 egg whites
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
5 green chilies
1 garlic clove
½ cup cornmeal or bread crumbs
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp grated ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion (roughly chopped)
1. In food processor, chop together onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies.
2. When they become finely chopped, add chicken, cilantro, salt, pepper and fish sauce and chop until all the ingredients mash well.
3. After that mix the above mixture with egg whites and bread crumbs. If you feel that the mixture is too sticky then add more crumbs so that patty would easily form.
4. Take a baking sheet and spread aluminum foil over the baking tray. Make suitable size of patties and place them on foil.
5. Heat broiler to moderate temperature and then place the baking sheet in it for 8-10 min. After 5 min turn the side of each patty so that they become cook and brown from both sides.
6. Serve the hot Thai chicken patties with sweet chili sauce and burger.