Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 6 persons
This cranberry chicken recipe is one of an easy recipe to prepare at home. It has some sweet and sour flavor hence become more delicious. It is usually served with boiled rice.
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp chicken powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 chicken breast halves (boneless)
2 2/3 tbsp butter
2/3 cup fresh cranberries
2/3 cup water
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp white vinegar
1. Sift together flour, salt, chicken powder and pepper.
2. Dust each chicken piece with the dry mixture.
3. Heat butter in skillet and cook chicken pieces for at least 5 min at medium heat until become crispy brown from both sides.
4. After that prepare sauce for the chicken, for that use the same skillet and cook together cranberries, water, brown sugar, red pepper, nutmeg and vinegar at low heat until cranberries become tender, it would take 4-5 min.
5. Now add chicken pieces to the sauce and simmer for 15-20 min until every chicken piece would become tender and cook from inside.
photo source : 1