Preparation time: 30 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Hong Kong Chicken Recipe is prepared with chicken wings and spicy glazed sauce. The chicken looks more like a teriyaki chicken but tastes a lot different. The chicken is served with a topping of some green vegetables and sesame but you can serve it with stir-fried vegetables to make it a complete meal for lunch.
1 lb chicken wings with skin
1 red chili (soaked and ground)
½ tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
4 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp ginger (chopped)
1 tsp red chili flakes
1½ cup chicken broth
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp chili sauce
Oil for deep frying
Spring Onions for garnishing
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ground red chili, white pepper, salt, egg, and corn flour and mix then well.
2. Marinate chicken in the above mixture and leave for 30 mins.
3. After that heating oil for deep frying and fry the marinated chicken wings in the oil over medium heat until become lightly golden and cook well from the inside. It would take 8-10 mins.
4. In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté ginger and garlic in it for 2 mins. then add red chili flakes, fried chicken wings, chicken stock, chili sauce, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Cook for 5-9 mins. until the sauce begins to boil.
5. Then dissolve 2 tbsp corn flour in 2 tbsp water and add it to the chicken sauce. Stir continuously until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Remove the pan from heat, transfer the chicken wings onto the platter, and pour the extra sauce on top.
7. Hong Kong Chicken is now ready to serve with a topping of sliced spring onion and lemongrass.
photo source : 1