Preparation time: 35 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Pasta Alla Norma Recipe is one of the famous Italian-style pasta prepared with eggplant and tomato sauce. To prepare this recipe, first eggplants are fried and then a particular tomato sauce is prepared which makes the actual flavor of this pasta.
½ cup cooking oil
Salt and pepper To taste
1 cup eggplant (cubed and coat with salt)
1 lb tomato paste
¼ cup onion (chopped)
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
2-3 dried red chilies
1 cup tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
2½ cup pasta
1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
¼ cup ricotta cheese (grated)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and cook eggplant slices in it until becoming golden brown on both sides. 2. 2. When the eggplant slices are ready, transfer them to a paper towel and drain excess oil.
3. To prepare the tomato sauce, heat 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan, add onion and bay leaves and stir until the onion becomes soft.
4. Add tomato paste and cook over medium heat until the sauce reduces to one-third. Adjust seasoning of salt and pepper to taste.
5. In another frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry garlic and chilies in it until become golden in color.
6. Add tomatoes and simmer for 2-4 mins. until tomatoes become soft.
7. Then add prepared tomato sauce, oregano, and seasoning of salt and pepper to the garlic and cook for 3-5 mins. until all flavors incorporate well with each other.
8. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
9. Now combine all the prepared ingredients including; tomato sauce, pasta, and fried eggplants, and toss them well in a mixing bowl.
10. Serve the Pasta Alla Norma with the topping of fresh parsley and grated ricotta cheese.
photo source : 1