Preparation time: 40 mins. + Marinating time | Serves 4 persons
This Paleo Fried Chicken is prepared in the oven where it is only drizzled with avocado oil. This paleo chicken can be prepared either with boneless or boned chicken. It is preferred to prepare the dipping sauce with paleo mayonnaise or simply serve it with paleo mayo.
1 large chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
½ cup unsweetened coconut (finely shredded)
2 tbsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried mustard
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 eggs (beaten)
2-3 tbsp avocado oil
1. Soak chicken overnight in a solution of salty water. The brine or salty water is made of 2 tsp of salt in 2 cups of water.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain chicken from the brine solution and dry with a cotton towel.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, unsweetened coconut, sesame seeds, garlic powder, mustard powder, cayenne, salt, and black pepper and mix them well. It is good to sift the mixture for even mixing.
4. Now dip the chicken pieces in beaten egg, then dust with the prepared flour mixture so that evenly coated on all sides.
5. Place a parchment sheet or foiling sheet onto the baking tray, place the prepared chicken pieces onto the parchment, and then drizzle the avocado oil on top. Put the tray in preheated oven for 20-30 mins. until the chicken tenders completely and the outer crust becomes crispy white. Turn the chicken while baking so that chicken pieces cook evenly.
6. Serve the hot paleo fried chicken with the paleo mayonnaise and fries.
photo source : 1