Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 4 persons
This is a slightly modified recipe of the original Panda Express Orange Chicken. You can make the exact recipe at home if you follow the following instructions as mentioned in the recipe.
1 lb chicken breast (cut into cubes)
1 egg white
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp sugar
Oil for deep frying
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp chicken powder
1/8 cup vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
4 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp grated orange peel
2 tbsp chopped scallion
1. Marinate chicken cubes with the ingredients mentioned for marination except cornstarch and then set aside.
2. Now prepare sauce for the chicken, combine water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, chicken powder, salt, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil in a mixing bowl.
3. Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil to the sauce pan and saute scallion and orange peel for just 2 min over medium heat.
4. Add sauce mixture to the sauted scallion and orange peel and let it cook at medium heat until the sauce would get thick.
5. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying up to moderate temperature.
6. Take a plastic bag or air tight box and coat marinated chicken cubes with the cornstarch. Fry the chicken cubes in the preheated oil until become brown and crisp.
7. Add these chicken cubes to the sauce and simmer for just 2-3 min. Serve the delicious hot Panda Express Orange Chicken with steamed rice.
photo source : 1