This is one of the most easy recipes from Thai cuisine that is usually prepared by using fish and is also quite famous world wide. In this recipe chicken is used in place of fish but fish sauce gives additional aroma of fish in the curry. You may also add some fresh veggies to curry to make it rich and healthy food.
1 kg boneless Chicken pieces
Salt to taste
1 tbsp garlic paste
6 pieces of spring onions (separate white and green parts)
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
4 tbsp Thai curry paste
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 turmeric powder
1/2 cup oil
1. Cut white portion of spring onion in thin slices and separately chop the green parts.
2. Take a sauce pan, add oil and fry the onions for just two minutes or until they become soft and turn pink in color.
3. After that add garlic paste in fried onions and fry just for a minute.
4. Now add chicken pieces with salt and cook till chicken pieces become white.
5. After five minutes when chicken has cooked completely add turmeric powder, red chili powder, Thai curry paste and fish sauce with a cup of water. Mix them well and let it cook on simmer for 10-15 min.
6. When oil starts appearing on the surface of the curry switch off the flame. Transfer the curry in the serving bowl and garnish with remaining green portion of spring onion.
photo source : 1