Preparation time : 40 mins. (approx.) | Serves 12-16 cookies
This New York Cheesecake Cookies recipe is prepared with the cream cheese filling hence why it is named so. Unlike other traditional cookies, the cookie dough is made with graham cracker crumbs and flour which is also very soft and crisp. When the cookies dough flavor combines with the cream cheese filling the taste of cookie enhances thousand times.
1 pack graham crackers (finely crushed)
1 cup flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
½ cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg (separated)
3 oz cream cheese (softened)
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine dry ingredients including cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder and set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl beat together butter and brown sugar till all the sugar mix completely with the butter and turn into a thick creamy batter.
3. Now add the dry mixture to this batter and mix them well. The mixture will resemble more like dough.
4. After that in a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until becoming smooth creamy batter.
5. Now take a baking sheet line it with parchment sheet and grease it all around.
6. Take around 2 tbsp of prepared dough and make it round flat like a cookie, then by pressing your thumb in the center turn it into a bowl like a shape. Make sure that shape would not break.
7. Fill the hollow portion with cream cheese batter and then repeat this procedure with rest of the dough.
8. Place these filled cookie dough cups onto the parchment sheet and then bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 12-15 mins. until cookies edges turn golden brown and the filling sets nicely.
9. When the cookies are ready, take out the baking tray from oven and cool them for 5-10 mins. and then transfer to the serving platter or wire rack to cool it completely before serving.
photo source : 1