This valentine cookies recipe is one of the gourmet cookies that you can present to your loved ones. The decoration of these cookies are so simple and easy that anyone can do this at home. These cookies can be prepared with any flavor, here in this recipe plain vanilla flavor is used to prepare these cookies.
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup shortening
½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup hard candies of any flavor (finely crushed)
1. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and shortening till gets fluffy.
3. Now add egg and vanilla and beat well.
4. Gradually add flour mixture to the batter and mix well to form a dough. After that put it into the refrigerator for about 2 hours so that it gets firm.
5. After that divide the dough into two pieces, roll each of the dough one by one. Now take heart shape cookie cutter of three different sizes, using largest cutter make heart shape cookies as much as possible and place them onto the greased cookie sheet. Then take the medium size cutter and make the smaller heart inside the larger heart and set it aside. Now take the smallest size cookie cutter and cut the smallest heart from the medium one and place it inside the largest heart. Similarly do it with the rest of cookies.
6. Fill the blank area with the crushed candies and bake in preheated oven at 375 degree F for 10 to 12 mins. or until candy is melted and cookies are done. Then cool the cookies on wire rack.
7. Serve the delicious tempting valentine cookies with dust of icing sugar at the top.
photo source : 1