Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 4-6 persons
Bread and Butter Pudding with Croissants is a modified form of bread pudding which is made with croissant rolls. This recipe of bread pudding is topped with some delicious flavors of raisins and chocolate chips. The topping of whipped cream and maple syrup add some extra delicious taste to this pudding.
4¼ cup milk
1 cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup raisins
1 tbsp unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
2 tbsp chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Keep speed at medium and beat just for 3-5 mins. until sugar mixes well and the liquid would get little frothy.
2. Cut croissants into small pieces and spread them onto the greased baking dish or oven proof glass dish.
3. Pour the beaten egg mixture onto the croissants, sprinkle chocolate chips and raisins on top and in the end dot with the small butter pieces.
4. Place the dish in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 mins. until the top gets golden in color.
5. When the pudding is ready, cool it to room temperature and serve with topping of whipped cream and maple syrup.
photo source : 1